Lego Design Challenge
Show – Tell – Learn
Cash Prizes! Includes a fun educational program!
Frank Lloyd Wright said, “Form and Function are One”. That means he designed
according to the way we live, work and play.
The WOTP Lego Design Challenge is to design and build an indoor room or an outdoor structure that is specifically suited to your favorite activity. You probably like to do several things, but pick one activity or hobby and build something that totally works for whatever special thing it is you do, and how you like to do it!
There is no fee to participate, but you must register in advance at wrightonthepark.org no later than April 15th.
Bring your built LEGO structure to the Historic Park Inn Hotel between 12:30 & 1:00 PM on Saturday, April 22. The program starts at 1 PM and concludes at 4 PM.
Like an architect, work your ideas out on paper before you build and consider everything you’ll need including furnishings. Be innovative!
LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE RULES
- Work out your ideas and plans on paper first. One entry per participant.
- Your entry needs to be built on a sturdy flat surface suitable for transportation.
- Your built structure should not exceed 20 inches in width, length or height.
- Will be designed and built to facilitate your favorite activity.
- Should be built to scale as much as possible. That means the overall structure and objects will be in proportion to the height of your imaginary mini person.
- Will show preliminary plans on paper. Bring your rough sketches and drawings to show that you worked out some of your ideas ahead of time. These will not be judged.
PRIZES (If necessary, one’s age will be taken into consideration.)
- One First place – $75 + Two weeks on display in the WOTP Gift Shop!
- One Second place – $50
- Three Honorable Mentions – $2